Before beginning your loft conversion, you may need to understand exactly what it will involve and how it will affect the design of your home. This step-by-step guide shows the 6 key things to consider when deciding whether or not a loft conversion is the right way to add more space to your property.
It can be daunting to go from studying architecture at university to being out in the real world. You’ll start asking questions like “What firm should I go to?” or “Do I know enough to work on a project that will actually be built?” Don’t worry – this is completely normal.
If you’re planning some home improvements, or want to build from scratch, there are so many great home design ideas worth looking into.
Drones have become commercially viable by being used across many different sectors. This is particularly in the construction industry, where advantages include improved project monitoring and the reduction of safety risks.
Architecture in Europe offers some of the widest diversity in the world. Because of its rich architectural and cultural history, Europe is a wonderland for design lovers and photographers alike. Here are some of the best cities with something unique to offer.
Each major cultural era in Western society—the Renaissance, the Baroque, Modernism— had its register in five areas: art, music, theatre, dance, and architecture. Here Shaun Soanes takes a look at why architecture has been sidelined in the hip-hop movement.
Modern architecture is full of surprises but some of the interesting buildings around the world started life as a joke. Shaun Soanes investigates.
Architecture is the art of designing and building structures for the benefit of communities. So what happens when the purpose of the project is to keep people out? Shaun Soanes explores the controversial concept of hostile architecture.
Studies show there has only been incremental improvement in racial diversity and the representation of women in architecture in the last few years. Here, just weeks after the sector celebrated International Women in Architecture Day – also known as #EthelDay – Shaun Soanes explains why we need to push for more.
Architects struggle to drop the jargon and engage the public. That was the message from writer and broadcaster Tom Dyckhoff earlier this month after he started a furious Twitter argument by suggesting that architects speak in deliberately unintelligible language. Here Shaun Soanes joins the debate.
3-8 Bolsover Street
London, W1W 6AB
Phone : 0207 118 2210
- How to convert your loftOctober 14, 2019 - 11:17 am
- 6 home design ideas to inspire youAugust 11, 2019 - 8:08 am
- Celebrating a double award winMay 24, 2018 - 11:29 am
- NJ Architects set to make a splash for charityApril 24, 2018 - 10:01 am
- Celebrating team growth as we head into 2018December 1, 2017 - 4:38 pm
Selection of Projects
- Reconstruction and internal adaptation of listed hallSeptember 24, 2018 - 12:23 pm
- Reconstruction and extension of listed hallSeptember 24, 2018 - 12:13 pm
- Restoration & expansion of museumFebruary 23, 2017 - 3:31 pm
- Gippeswyk HallFebruary 23, 2017 - 3:16 pm
- Major repair and extension programme for a churchFebruary 23, 2017 - 12:55 pm
- The National TrustFebruary 21, 2017 - 3:05 pm