Rapper Kanye West has created an architecture wing for his popular Yeezy brand. But does the profession really need a celebrity to “make things as dope as possible”? Here Shaun Soanes examines the flurry of speculation, excitement and ridicule surrounding the announcement.
We are delighted to announce that we have won two awards celebrating excellence in our sector.
We won the category for Individual Trade for our work on Aldehurst, Aldeburgh and the Restoration category for St Edmunds Church in Southwold at the RIBA Suffolk Craftsmanship Awards 2018.
We are looking forward to making a splash at a charity dragon boat race this summer.
We have pulled together a team of 15 from Nicholas Jacob Architects to fundraise for the event, which is being held in aid of Fresh Start New Beginnings – a treatment service for victims of child sexual abuse.
This month Phillippe Starck revealed plans to build a 14-storey hotel in the French city of Metz, with an 18th-century-style house on the roof. Here Shaun Soanes explores the idea of mixing old and new.
York was named the best place to live in the UK by The Sunday Times last month for boasting “the perfect mix of heritage and hi‑tech”. Here Shaun Soanes looks at what makes a city, town or village special.
It’s strong and versatile – not to mention environmentally friendly. Here Shaun Soanes looks at why building with wood could be the answer to our global housing crisis.
With the availability of affordable headsets, virtual reality is fast becoming a buzz word in construction circles. But how can it help designers? Shaun Soanes explores this brave new virtual world.
Currently the only LEGO Architecture that set has been released for 2018 is for one of the world’s most populous cities – Shanghai – and boasts 597 pieces. Here Shaun Soanes investigates how stepping back into the playroom with building bricks can inspire even the most established designers.
Water – and its proximity – can dramatically influence architecture. Here Shaun Soanes explores the design and stability of buildings by the coast.
Drones were once the remit of military operations. Now they are being used daily across a range of industries, including architecture. Here Shaun Soanes looks at how they can be used safely and effectively.
3-8 Bolsover Street
London, W1W 6AB
Phone : 0207 118 2210
- How to convert your loftOctober 14, 2019 - 11:17 am
- 6 home design ideas to inspire youAugust 11, 2019 - 8:08 am
- Celebrating a double award winMay 24, 2018 - 11:29 am
- NJ Architects set to make a splash for charityApril 24, 2018 - 10:01 am
- Celebrating team growth as we head into 2018December 1, 2017 - 4:38 pm
Selection of Projects
- Reconstruction and internal adaptation of listed hallSeptember 24, 2018 - 12:23 pm
- Reconstruction and extension of listed hallSeptember 24, 2018 - 12:13 pm
- Restoration & expansion of museumFebruary 23, 2017 - 3:31 pm
- Gippeswyk HallFebruary 23, 2017 - 3:16 pm
- Major repair and extension programme for a churchFebruary 23, 2017 - 12:55 pm
- The National TrustFebruary 21, 2017 - 3:05 pm