We are celebrating for more than one reason this month – the family business has not only been strengthened by the return of Pippa Jacob from maternity leave but has welcomed her back in a new position as Associate Partner. Read more
The eagerly awaited opening of the Orangery at The Old Hall, in Ely, is doubly exciting for us. We have worked on the restoration of the Jacobean manor house for over 20 years – first as a family home, then as a bed and breakfast and eventually creating the exclusive venue for weddings, private functions and restaurant dining. Read more
We are looking forward to making a splash at a charity dragon boat race this summer.
We have pulled together a team of 15 from Nicholas Jacob Architects to fundraise for the event, which is being held in aid of Fresh Start New Beginnings – a treatment service for victims of child sexual abuse.
We are celebrating after taking on five new members of staff just months after moving to bigger premises. Now in our 20th year of business, we moved from Berners Street to Wherry Quay on the waterfront in Ipswich in June. Since then the team has grown from 12 to 17.
Architect Pippa Jacob is a member of Ipswich Sketch Club, a group that meet once a month to just drawing buildings. Here she explains why, despite the rise of computer graphics in architecture, putting pen to paper is still important to her.
Our very own Shaun Soanes is preparing to saddle up for a grueling 100-mile charity ride.
Currently, we’re in the middle of post-election carnage. But as Theresa May attempts to get her government plan in order, Shaun Soanes looks into what the election result could mean for creative industries.
NJ Architects has operated as a partnership of sorts – driven by vision, passion and ambition of its principal and founder Nick Jacob and lead associate Shaun Soanes. Now, with exciting plans for the future, it is set to make that partnership official.
England is known for having outstanding heritage, and part of this is its historical parish churches. Historic England is working towards understanding the particular challenges that people have in caring for this type of worshipping place in our society today.
This month, an RIBA Chartered practice is celebrating 20 years in business.
3-8 Bolsover Street
London, W1W 6AB
Phone : 0207 118 2210
- We welcome Joe Hedges-Quinn for a yearAugust 12, 2022 - 9:57 am
- Yashpriya Gupta’s graduationAugust 4, 2022 - 9:45 am
- A Good Relationship Between Architect and Interior Designer is CrucialJuly 12, 2022 - 1:47 pm
- Pippa Jacob joins family business as Associate PartnerJune 7, 2022 - 2:12 pm
- The Old Hall opens stunning new orangeryMay 26, 2022 - 4:12 pm
Selection of Projects
- Reconstruction and internal adaptation of listed hallSeptember 24, 2018 - 12:23 pm
- Reconstruction and extension of listed hallSeptember 24, 2018 - 12:13 pm
- Restoration & expansion of museumFebruary 23, 2017 - 3:31 pm
- Gippeswyk HallFebruary 23, 2017 - 3:16 pm
- Major repair and extension programme for a churchFebruary 23, 2017 - 12:55 pm
- The National TrustFebruary 21, 2017 - 3:05 pm