This month Phillippe Starck revealed plans to build a 14-storey hotel in the French city of Metz, with an 18th-century-style house on the roof. Here Shaun Soanes explores the idea of mixing old and new.
York was named the best place to live in the UK by The Sunday Times last month for boasting “the perfect mix of heritage and hi‑tech”. Here Shaun Soanes looks at what makes a city, town or village special.
It’s strong and versatile – not to mention environmentally friendly. Here Shaun Soanes looks at why building with wood could be the answer to our global housing crisis.
With the availability of affordable headsets, virtual reality is fast becoming a buzz word in construction circles. But how can it help designers? Shaun Soanes explores this brave new virtual world.
Currently the only LEGO Architecture that set has been released for 2018 is for one of the world’s most populous cities – Shanghai – and boasts 597 pieces. Here Shaun Soanes investigates how stepping back into the playroom with building bricks can inspire even the most established designers.
Drones were once the remit of military operations. Now they are being used daily across a range of industries, including architecture. Here Shaun Soanes looks at how they can be used safely and effectively.
This month a really ugly bus stop has become a hot topic of conversation in design and architecture circles. Here Shaun Soanes explains why.
Italy is giving away more than 100 historic buildings in a bid to boost tourism. The catch? You have to commit to restoring any property you are gifted. Here Shaun Soanes explains why tourism is rooted in historic buildings and why we all have a role to play in their conservation.
3-8 Bolsover Street
London, W1W 6AB
Phone : 0207 118 2210
- NJ Architects set to make a splash for charityApril 24, 2018 - 10:01 am
- Celebrating team growth as we head into 2018December 1, 2017 - 4:38 pm
- Do architects still put pen to paper?September 29, 2017 - 11:55 am
- Shaun set to go the extra mile for charityJuly 5, 2017 - 11:04 am
- What does the election result mean for architecture?June 16, 2017 - 11:27 am
Selection of Projects
- Restoration & expansion of museumFebruary 23, 2017 - 3:31 pm
- Gippeswyk HallFebruary 23, 2017 - 3:16 pm
- Major repair and extension programme for a churchFebruary 23, 2017 - 12:55 pm
- The National TrustFebruary 21, 2017 - 3:05 pm
- Internal reordering and extensionFebruary 21, 2017 - 3:01 pm
- Repairing and reordering of a churchFebruary 21, 2017 - 2:55 pm